Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Making Progress

With two vices and a lot of elbow grease, I got the laser diodes, drivers, and focus lens, out of their cases. One of them I accidentally broke a solder joint, but that was easily fixed. The only bad part was that I badly scratched the nice original case. I also picked up a bunch of supplies from Radioshack. I got some general-purpose printed circuit boards for my power/Arduino board, some photocells for the receiving half of my system, a switch, and some cable-connector-maker. The cable maker makes everything removable, which I learn last year, is very useful. This way I don't have to desolder every time i need to change something. I also figured out my power system and what voltage battery I need.

No comments: