Thursday, April 9, 2009

State Science Fair

On Monday I went to go set up and sign in for the 52nd Hawaii state science fair.  I went right after school set up my board and did some paper work.

 Then on Tuesday I went for the judging.  I had to leave the house at 6:00 am in order to get there on time.  My friend from Hanalani had also made it to state.  When I got there I saw my friend form 6th grade there.  He was three projects down from me.  I was judged by eleven judges.  Two were with the official science fair judges and the rest were agency and company judges.  Hanalani took a field trip to there, but had too leave soon after they arrived because they technically were not supposed to be there during judging.  I left at about 2:00 p.m.

On Wednesday was the award ceremony.  My grandparents and even Dr. Wayne Shiroma were there.  We had to sit a listen to names being called out for four hours.  I ended up winning awards from seven different agencies!  This made all of the work put into it worth it.

No comments: